Taking a dose of DISKUS requires the following3 simple steps:
Open, Click, Inhale
- Hold the DISKUS in one hand and put the thumb of your other hand on the thumb grip. Push your thumb away from you as far as it will go until the mouth piece appears and snaps into position (see Figure 2).
- Hold the DISKUS in a level, horizontal position with the mouthpiece towards you.
- Slide the lever away from you as far as it will go until it clicks (see Figure 3).
- The DISKUS is now ready to use.
- Every time the lever is pushed back, a dose is ready to be inhaled.
- To avoidreleasing or wasting doses:
• Do not close the DISKUS.
• Do not tilt the DISKUS.
• Do not play with the lever.
- Before inhaling your dose of DISKUS, breathe out as far as is comfortable, holding the DISKUS level and away from your mouth (see Figure 4).
- Put the mouthpiece to your lips (see Figure 5).
- Breathe in quickly and deeply through the DISKUS, not through your nose.
- Remove the DISKUS from your mouth.
- Hold your breath for about 10 seconds, or for as long as is comfortable.
- Breathe out slowly.
- Put your thumb on thethumb grip and slide thethumb grip back towardsyou as far as it will go (seeFigure 6).
- The DISKUS willclick shut.
- The lever willautomatically return to itsoriginal position.
- The DISKUS isnow ready for you to take your nextscheduled dose.
• Never exhale into the DISKUS.
• Always activate and use the DISKUS in a level, horizontal position.
• Do not use the DISKUS with a spacer device.
• After inhalation, rinse the mouth with water without swallowing.
• Never wash the mouthpiece or any part of the DISKUS. KEEP IT DRY.
• Always keep the DISKUS in a dry place.
• Never take an extra dose, even if you feel you did not receive a dose.
Click on the link below to view a clip showing how to use diskus
Republished by Blog Post PromoterLeave a reply →